Orange and Black Mesh
Small pieces of wire
Wood letters: B, O, O
White paint and paint brush
Step 1: I purchased my wood letters at Joann craft store. They were the 7″ Darice Fancy Wood Letters, similar ones HERE. Paint the wood letters white (or choose whichever color you would like). If you want to, you can just paint the front and the sides since no one will see the back (depending on how you hang it). Let dry.
Step 2: While the wood is drying, go ahead and make the mesh bows. I chose to use two different colors: Orange and Black. I purchased the roll called Wyla sparkle mesh 6″ x 10 yards. Similar one HERE.
Here is how to make a mesh bow:
1. Use about three feet of mesh ribbon, depending on how big you want the bow.
2. Grab the end of the ribbon with one hand. Make a loop, taking the mesh up and sliding it back into your fist. Then make a loop down and slide the ribbon into your fist.
3. You should now be holding the mesh in the middle. You will have a loop above your hand and a loop below your hand.
4. Keep looping the mesh up and down (back and forth), sliding the mesh in your fist.
5. Use a small piece of wire and wrap it around the middle, where your fist was. Leave some ribbon out so that you can tie the bows on in step four.
6. Grab out the ends/loops to fluff. You just made a boo-tiful bow 🙂
Step 3: After the wood is dry, you can use the remaining mesh to connect the letters. Leave as much space in between the letters as you want.
Step four: Tie the mesh bows onto the mesh that is connecting the letters.
See where we are linking up HERE!