Hey sistas! So Mother’s Day is in 10 days! Do you have a gift for your mother/mother figure yet? Well, if not you are in luck because today I am bringing you an easy Mother’s Day craft that any mom will absolutely love! This DIY Picture Frame Collage Chalkboard was so easy to make and is personalized for my mother. I have been loving DIY chalkboards lately so I decided to incorporate one into this gift.
- Picture frame with flat frame (I got mine at a thrift store for $1)
- Mod Podge
- Pictures (I printed mine out on photo paper on my home printer)
- Chalkboard paint
- Chalk marker
1. Use painters tape to cover the glass and paint the frame black and let it dry completely. I used 2 coats.
2. Use painters tape to cover the frame and paint the glass with chalkboard paint. I used 3 coats.
3. Time to position your pictures. This is what takes the longest time. I measured my frame and divided it by the number of photos I had. I then mixed the sizes to make everything fit. I resized my photos using a free online photo editing website called PicMonkey. I then printed them out on photo paper and cut them out. I used Mod Podge to glue the pictures to the frame. I let them dry completely and then put Mod Podge over the top to secure everything.
4. I used my Silhouette Cameo to create the quote. For those of you who have a Silhouette, I used the Yellow Daisy font. For those of you who don’t, I have created a PDF file HERE that you can trace. I used a chalk marker to trace and let it dry completely.
JOIN THE SISTERHOOD!
If you liked this post we would love for you to share it on social media by clicking the buttons below!HERE!