This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and The Coca-Cola Company. All opinions are mine alone.#SavorTheMemory #CollectiveBias
Can you believe that Christmas is only six days away!? We are so excited! If you are throwing a holiday party for friends and family, and you still don’t know your theme, we have got you covered. We are giving you a few tips on How To Throw an Ugly Sweater Holiday Party.
When we think of an Ugly Sweater party, we definitely think of two words: fun and silly. We want to make sure that friends and family at your party are constantly laughing and having a fabulous time. This “How To” will give you food and drink ideas, a games list, and sweater award categories.
Food & Drinks
Food: You definitely need some fun food. Here is one recipe that we made that is an excellent finger food: Cranberry Cream Cheese Pinwheels. This will pair perfectly with the drinks that we mention below!
- 5 oz bag Dried Cranberries
- 3-6 oz Crumbled Feta Cheese
- 8oz Cream Cheese
- 3 ten inch green spinach tortillas
- Spread 1/3 of the cream cheese on each tortilla until you have a thin layer.
- Add feta cheese, to taste. If you love feta, use 2 oz on each tortilla.
- Add cranberries to each tortilla.
- Roll tightly. You may even want to use toothpicks to secure.
- Set in fridge for 1-2 hours, or until mixture sets.
- Cut each rolled tortilla into 6 pieces.
Some other simple finger food ideas: Small pretzel bites with cheese dip, cheese and crackers, fruit plate, and meatballs on a toothpick.
Drinks: Sprite and Coca-Cola are some of our favorite beverages during our family celebrations. Coca-Cola glass bottles are just so fun to drink out of. Sprite is perfect for the holidays because it is delicious by itself, and can also be mixed with cranberry juice or grenadine for a fun flavor.
PS…I found everything at Albertsons and took photos of where you can easily find the drinks.
We just love spending the holidays with the family. Last year on Christmas Eve, we started such a fun tradition of playing “Minute to Win It” games. Everyone was laughing the entire time, and we will definitely keep the tradition going. Here is a list of games that you can play:
- Snow Shovel Race: You will need cotton balls, spoon, and a bowl. Give each player an equal pile of cottonballs. The player who can scoop the most cotton balls off the table into the bowl in a minute or less, wins.
- Cookie Face: You will need small cookies (like an Oreo). Each player will lean their head back and place a cookie in the center of their forehead. Player has one minute to use only their face to move the cookie from their forehead to their mouth.
- Snowball Toss: You will need a wreath, a bag of marshmallows, and a bucket. Someone will hold the wreath. Players will have one minute to throw marshmallows through the wreath and into the bucket. The player with the most marshmallows in the bucket after one minute, wins.
- Extreme Hanky Panky: You will need tissue boxes, one per player (160 count tissue box). Using one hand, empty the tissue box by pulling the tissues out one at a time, in under a minute.
- Junk in the Trunk: You will need cardboard tissue boxes (emptied), ribbon, and ping pong balls. Attach ribbon to the empty boxes as a belt. Each player will tie an empty Kleenex box around their waist that is filled with ping-pong balls (box goes onto lower back). There should be a hole created in the box big enough for ping pong balls to fall out. Players have one minute to dance and get the balls out of the box without touching the box. This one is our favorite game – hilarious!
People love a good competition. Let your guests know that there will be awards for the best sweater in these categories below. It will give them even more reason to find/make the perfect ugly sweater.
- Best Homemade
- Best All Around
- Most Festive
- Most Original
- Best Couple Combo
Really quick, back to the part about the drinks, did you know that if you buy 4 participating Coca-Cola products you will get $20 off at Shutterfly.com! Shutterfly is a excellent source for capturing these fun holiday memories forever. How it works: Offer will be executed via Catalina print-out at register with unique pin code to redeem online at www.shutterfly.com/cocacola. You just need to make sure you shop at one of these stores: Albertsons, Safeway, Carrs, Acme, Jewel, Shaws, Star Market, Randalls, Tom Thumb, Vons, Pavillions, Market Street.
Enjoy this special time with family and friends! Make the most out of each second. We hope that you get to laugh a lot this holiday 🙂
We also think that you will love our FREE ecookbook with 30, 5-Ingredient recipes HERE
Also, if you have ever thought about starting a blog, you need to read our HOW TO article!
JOIN THE SISTERHOOD!
If you liked this post we would love for you to share it on social media by clicking the buttons below!