You’re going to need a glass of milk for this one! This reese’s chocolate peanut butter cake is moist and rich with chocolatey goodness.
I started with the same cake recipe that I use for most of my cakes, because it is from a box, its so easy, and so yummy! I also used this recipe here. I wanted three layers for this cake so I made 3, 8 inch round cakes with this recipe.
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees
- 1. 1 box Devils food cake mix
- 2. 1 box of instant chocolate pudding
- 3. 8oz. sour cream
- 4. 1/2 cup water
- 5. 1/2 cup oil
- 6. 1/2 cup of Milk
- 7. 3 eggs
- 8. 1 tsp. vanilla
- Mix all ingredients together well.
- Pour batter into 2, 9inch rounds.
- Put in oven and bake for about 25-30 mins or until done.
- If it is a little under done it will finish baking as it cools.
Let the cakes cool completely before transferring to cake stand. While waiting, make the peanut butter frosting.
- 2 cups powdered sugar sugar
- 2 cups creamy peanut butter
- 10 tablespoons unsalted butter, softened
- 1½ teaspoons vanilla extract
- ½ teaspoon kosher salt
- ⅔ cup heavy cream
- Place powdered sugar, peanut butter, butter, vanilla and salt in the bowl of an electric mixer. Mix on medium-low speed until creamy, scraping down the bowl with a rubber spatula as needed.
- Add the heavy cream and beat on high speed until the mixture is light and smooth.
Once cakes are cooled and frosting is ready, place the first round in the center of the cake stand. Spread about 1 cup of frosting on top and sides. Repeat steps for the other two layers. Chill cake for about 30 minutes to let the crumb coat harden up. Pull back out and use the rest of the frosting to frost the sides and make it look pretty! Stick back in fridge for about 1 hour. When the hour is almost up start making the chocolate ganache.
- 8 ounces semisweet chocolate (I used chocolate chips)
- ¾ cup heavy cream
- Place the chocolate in a 4-cup measuring cup; set aside.
- Place the cream in a saucepan over medium heat until it just comes to a boil.
- Pour the cream over the chocolate and let sit for about 2 minutes. Whisk until the ganache is smooth. Set aside to cool, whisking occasionally, until it has thickened a little.
Once ganache has thickened a little, but still pourable, pour over cake and let it run down the sides. Crush up some Reese’s Peanut Butter cups and sprinkle on top. Refrigerate until 20 minutes before eating.
Enjoy! Serve with milk!
We love using white simple cake stands because it goes with any occasion! You can find one similar to ours here!
See where we are linking up HERE!