This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone. #HolidayTreatMaking#CollectiveBias
Today I am so excited to bring you a new twist on one of our favorite holiday treats. Have you ever met someone that doesn’t like this Rice Krispies® Treats?? (I haven’t!!) Enjoy this delicious Rice Krispies® Cake recipe! Everyone is going to love it.
As you probably know, Kellogg’s® Rice Krispies® treats only requires 3 ingredients and they are so easy to make. For this cake you will just need to add food coloring and frosting to your ingredient list. This is going to be so much fun for the whole family to make together. Everyone will love this idea.
I easily found all of the ingredients at Walmart! I took some photos while I was in the store so that you know exactly where to find the Kellogg’s® Rice Krispies® Family Size box. Also, wanted to provide a Walmart store finder, just in case you do not know where your nearest store is.
Rice Krispies® Treat Holiday Cake
12 cups Kellogg’s® Rice Krispies®
20 oz marshmallows
6 tablespoons butter
Red and Green Food Coloring
Two 12oz cans of Frosting
- Coat two 8" round pans with non stick spray or butter.
- In a large saucepan over low heat, melt 3 tablespoons of butter.
- Add 10 oz of marshmallows to pan and stir until completely melted.
- Add the first food coloring (red or green) until you have reach the desired color.
- Add 6 cups of krispies and stir until evenly coated.
- Scoop half of krispies into one pan, and half in the other.
- Press down the krispies until you have a flat surface. You can put butter on your hands so that the cereal does not stick to your fingers.
- Let cool. Remove from pans.
- Clean saucepan. Add more non-stick to the round pans.
- Repeat these steps for the next color. You will end up with 2 layers of red and 2 layers of green.
- Once all four layers are cool, add the bottom layer to you cake stand. You can secure it by adding a little frosting under the first layer.
- Top the first layer with frosting. Add next layer and repeat until all four layers are stacked.
I used vanilla marshmallow frosting.
You will need two round 8" pans.
Have such a fabulous holiday with your friends and family! We hope that you have so much fun creating this easy cake together. Safe travels to anyone taking a trip!
We also think that you will love our FREE ecookbook with 30, 5-Ingredient recipes HERE
Also, if you have ever thought about starting a blog, you need to read our HOW TO article!
JOIN THE SISTERHOOD!
If you liked this post we would love for you to share it on social media by clicking the buttons below!