Hey sistas! Happy Halloween! I LOVE making Halloween costumes! I have always made my own for as long as I can remember. I think it is way more fun to make your own and it turns out so much more unique. This year my daughter is being Tinker Bell from Peter Pan. I have been calling her Tink and we have watched YouTube videos of Tinker Bell. We have also been practicing treat-or-treating with chocolate chips. She gets so excited for that! This will be the first year that she can actually walk around and say trick-or-treat so I am just so excited to watch her! I started planning her costume months ago and have been collecting materials here and there. I am so happy with how this DIY Toddler Tinker Bell costume turned out and I can’t wait to share my full tutorial on how I made it and how I did her hair! It is simple and inexpensive to make.
Let’s start with the supplies that you are going to need:
- green knit fabric – I got 3/4 yards of fern green knit fabric from Joann’s. Make sure you get knit so it can stretch.
- white elastic – This is so cheap and you can get it at any craft or fabric store. I already had some.
- white dress shoes with strap – I found white dress shoes on clearance at a store for cheap!
- green paint
- foam paint brush
- large white pom poms – I found mine at Joann’s for cheap. Don’t forget your coupons!
- fabric shears
- sewing machine
- hot glue gun
- fairy wings – I did not make the wings. I ordered them online for cheap!
- beige 2 inch bun maker – The beige matched my daughter’s hair. She doesn’t have super long hair yet so I went with the smallest one I could find which was about 2 inches.
- small clear hair elastics
- hair spray
Click on the NEXT button below to see the step by step tutorial!