1. Fold the fleece in half. Place one of your child’s tank tops on top of the fleece to use as your guide. Measure where the neck hole is and use your fabric scissors to cut the neck out. Leave about 2 inches for the shoulders and then cut the arm holes, again using the tank top as a guide. Cut the sides of the dress at an angle so that you get a flared look. You should have 2 separate pieces of fabric since you folded it in half.
2. Pin the 2 pieces of fleece together at the shoulders and at the sides of the dress.
3. Use a sewing machine to sew the shoulders and the sides of the dress together. Then flip the dress right side up.
4. Cut the black felt into triangles (about 2 inches on the sides). I used 18 triangles (9 on the front and 9 on the back). Hot glue the triangles onto the fleece. Try to space the triangles out and make sure they are turned in different directions.
5. For the bone, trace an outline of a bone onto the cardboard and cut it out. Paint it white on both sides. Hot glue the elastic hair tie to the back.
I am going to have my daughter wear navy blue bloomers under the dress. I had a lot of fun making this costume and it was way easy! I can’t wait to dress her up this week! It will be so fun!
Click HERE to go back to the first page.
PIN FOR LATER:
See where we are linking up HERE!