Hey Sistas! I am so excited to share with you my swivel chair makeover. I had so much fun with it and I love the turnout. I was on the look out for a cute statement piece for my house. I’ve been trying to keep my eyes out for something affordable but not cheaply made. The other day I stopped by CORT Clearance Center and I am so glad I did, their furniture is high in quality and just what I was looking for.
I went into there final markdowns and found such a cute chair for a great price. I knew I wanted it but I wanted to give it a little face lift. So I snagged it! I felt good about getting it because CORT Certified it guarantees that if any product is found to be defective within 90 days of purchase they will repair or replace it. Here is the before picture.
I knew I didn’t want to mess with the leather because I love leather and I love white. So I decided to spruce it up a bit.
- First I gave it a really good clean to get all the dirt marks off. I did the seat and the metal stand.
- Unscrew the bottom of the chair, I used a wrench to do this and it was really fast.
- Place stand in a well ventilated and open area to get ready to spray paint.
- I used my favorite gold spray paint, you can find it here. It’s really important when your working with metal to use a spray paint primer. That is why I love this spray paint because it is a paint and primer in one. Makes life so much simpler.
- After doing a couple of coats make sure to let dry and do not touch. I have learned this the hard way with some of my other projects. I get impatient and try to work with it before its completely ready to be handled and I alway regret it.
- Screw the stand back onto the chair and make sure it is secure.
- Find a cute throw pillow that helps make a statement.
I loved the way it turned out! I feel like the matte gold adds the perfect touch to this swivel chair. It fits perfectly with my home and my color scheme. I am so glad I got it. I am definitely going back to CORT for their discount furniture. Make sure to go and check out your local clearance center. They even offer extra discounts if you buy sets or “home to go” packages.